A well known university SMU is most famous for health and medical. Now, it is famous for distance education also. In the recent days, it has been known for distance MBA very promptly. The university provides own written books for its MBA education. There is an introduction of financial management book.
There are 15 chapters in the book. The book deals the management problems and financial resources in business firms. Financial management is known as basic managerial actions relating to the three major decision areas such as investment, financing and dividends and working capital management.
The book comprises 15 units:
1. Financial Management – the chapter explains the meaning, scope and examines the goal of corporate financial management.
2. Financial Planning – the chapter explains the meaning and need of financial planning.
3. Time Value of Money – the chapter introduces about time value of money and discounting of cashflows.
4. Valuation of Bonds and Shares – in this chapter writer explains about the valuations of bound’s principles and equity shares.
5. Cost of Capital – this unit describes the concept of cost of capital.
6. Leverage – it is one of the most important chapters in the financial management which deals financial and combined leverage.
7. Capital Structure – in this chapter many theories of capital structure has been introduced.
8. Capital Budgeting – the chapter explains the meaning, significance of capital budgeting decisions and about various investments of appraisal techniques.
9. Risk Analysis in Capital Budgeting – there has been introduced risk in capital budgeting decisions.
10. Capital Rationing – it examines the steps which involved in capital rationing process.
11. Working Capital Management – there are various concepts of working capital and factors that influence the working capital requirements in a firm.
12. Cash Management – this is the most important component of working capital.
13. Inventory Management – the unit describes about various forms of inventory management.
14. Receivables Management – cost of maintaining receivables, formulation of credit policy and determination of an optimal credit period has been discussed in the chapter.
15. Dividend Decision – basically, the chapter deals about payment of shareholders.
These are the brief description of financial management book of SMU MBA. A student can find more about these chapters in the book of Financial Management.
By: Gian Brett